The split shift rod bushing for the VW Beetle
For direct and smooth shifting
This very easy to install 2-piece shift rod bushing provides less shift rod clearance and therefore more direct shifting. A broken shift rod bushing is the most common cause of a rattling shift lever and a spongy shift.
With this two-piece bushing you do not have to remove the entire shift rod, which saves you a lot of time and money, with greater stability!
The advantages of this 2-piece shift rod bushing:
- A direct and crisp shifting, like on the first day
- Installation takes only 20 minutes (instructions below)
- Much more stable and durable than the original
Scope of delivery:
- 1x 2-piece shift rod bushing
- 2x Grub screws
- 1x/2x Threaded pin (option-dependent)
- 1x Nut
- 1x Washer
- 1x Spring washer
- 1x Seal wire
This bushing is compatible with:
- VW Beetle from 08/1959
- Typ 14 Karmann Ghia from 1960
- VW Bus until 1965
- VW Kübel 181
The "retrofitted shift lever" option includes an additional, longer threaded pin, which means that retrofitted shift levers can also benefit from crisp shifting.